I finally finished my red fox that I started about a week ago! I saw this little guy on Lucky Kate Crafts blogspot and attempted him without any sort of template. This sounds silly, but I have it stuck in my head that teaching myself this way, will force me to really learn how to sew. Besides, with everything that's been going on lately, I can only afford the patterns I absolutely need!
He's made out of woolen felt. I had to figure out how to do the embroidery stitch around the ears, tail, and legs. That took awhile, and came out a little sloppy. Not too sure about my color choices either. I was really unhappy with the way I closed up the bottom, It came out all lumpy. I'll have to figure out how to remedy that on the next one. A challenge!
Thanks to my Mister's mother, I was able to put the nose together. She showed me how to cut and assemble it - then I sewed it together by hand.
Here's a picture of the whole mess in progress. I don't have a lot of room to work.... Overall, I am very happy with the way it came out.
Mister's dad was released from the hospital today. We're all very glad to have him home, safe and sound. Now we're all going to be up to the task of making him take it easy!
Parting shot of my fox and my hound...♥